- Youth Group activities improve behavior and values. Youth Groups engage the children in activities such recycling, art projects, volunteering and chores that teach values, responsibility, accountability and a sense of belonging,
- Mentoring from Montrose & Delta Partners and others to provide positive guidance and encouragement
- The Whiz Kids tutoring program matches an adult with a child, one on one. The program provides mentoring, tutoring in math and reading and an optional Christian message.
- Homework clubs are a supplemental education component that provides support and guidance to the children in their school work to help them progress academically back to grade level or beyond.
- Parent-Child Relationship building that helps ensure that their social, moral and academic development continues with parent support long after they leave Haven House
- Holy Listening therapy
- Counseling to help the children deal with the trauma they brought with them to Haven House
- A Summer Program that involves camps, field trips, community activities and reading, writing and math training to help ensure they do not lose what they learned during the school year but also is designed to move them forward in their learning.
Many of our parents have come from families that are homeless and we are working to break that cycle- without programs like these the children are at a high risk of becoming the next generation of homeless.
Our Child Development program was started in 2013 to address the many challenges faced by children raised in a homeless environment when we began to realize that we are in a position to make a significant difference in the lives of these high risk children. Without programs like these the children are at a high risk of becoming the next generation of homeless.